I found this in FR website:

To: All

Here is the latest post from one of Richard's best friends on TiderInsider.

"I went to the hills of Cleburne County this morning with Marcy, her
brother-in-law, and a couple of family friends. We met his parents at the
store in Abel where he was seen yesterday. We walked the same pathways he'd
been walking, and the only evidence that we saw was a pear that had been
eaten just a few hours before we found it early this afternoon. We couldn't
be sure it was Richard who had eaten it, but recently eaten pears have been
showing up under a pear tree in the area over the last few days, and the guy
at the store said Richard had some pears in his backpack. However, there had
been no sightings since midday yesterday.

There are still no answers about what has been going on the last couple of
weeks, at least there weren't when we left to come back home around 7:00
tonight. The best guess is that his car was wrecked sometime over this past
weekend, probably Sunday night. Both people who talked with him (the man at
the store yesterday and the woman whose house he approached on Tuesday)
reported that his elbow was injured. The woman said he thought his back was
hurt and that he wasn't getting around very well, but that he refused any
help and left before she could get him any. The guy at the store said he was
walking fine yesterday. He had bought a few things (bread, peanut butter,
cigarettes, etc.) with $10 worth of pennies he poured out of a sock.

About 30 minutes after I got home, the guy I rode with called to tell me the
good news and that Marcy wanted me to post it here. As I said in my last
post, I don't know what condition he is in, physically or mentally, but he
is in the hospital, and Marcy is on her way there. If I hear anything else
tonight or tomorrow, I will let you all know asap.

It was very unlike Richard to disappear willfully, and no one can figure out
what he was up to before the car accident, which happened at least 9 days
after he disappeared (there was a newspaper dated 9/20 in the car). And as
of now, I don't think anyone knows exactly how he ended up in the hospital.
None of the people who'd seen him reported any kind of head injury, although
both said that he didn't seem completely coherent.

It's a strange story. I don't know if we'll ever know all of the answers,
but we can thank God that he's been found and is still alive. Now let's pray
that he gets well soon.

The family is deeply appreciative for all of your prayers."

1,640 posted on 09/25/2003 7:31 PM PDT by AlabamaBoy1