To: "RollTideFan-The University of Alabama Athletics Discussion List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: [RollTideFan] Home Alone......

Depression, man, nothing but Bama football depression. I'll be so glad
when the 2003 season is over along with the post season sanctions AND
the recruiting restrictions. Maybe then things will start to get back to
normal. It's a crying shame I tell ya, a crying shame.

ROLL TIDE!!
Rick

Joel Perry wrote:

Well, here we are. Or better yet, here I am. It appears I am alone on

this

message list. No one cares enough to post anything even slightly related

Bama football. Slef's Prozac must be working.

Are people in the "don't say anything and maybe it will go away" mode?

All

the joy and expectations that we had early in the season have met a

rather

grim reality. We all made jokes and hee hawed when we talked about CMS
getting a bonus for winning 7 games this season. Only 7 games and that's
all? Heck, we picked 7 'sure' wins on our schedule and figured that an

8-5

or even a 9-4 season was at a minimum, obtainable. Granted, the QB

situation

was a surprise to all. But still, to win 7 games at Bama and THAT be
considered reason for a bonus? At Bama????

Maybe we are in a "wait and see" mode. Waiting to see if BA does start

and

can the D survive yet another HuGe challenge? Waiting to see if BC

starts

and then holding our collective breath every time he drops back to pass.
Worrying if the kicking game can get any worse. Wondering that, even if

Bama

does win tomorrow, will the joy and expectations come back. A win over

USM

is not a reason to celebrate is it? I mean, this is Bama football we're
talking here. We are supposed to win this game. A win is simply

fulfilling

the standard requirements of Alabama football. But now I wonder if a win

is

more of a "whew, glad we were able to squeak by" attitude than "we beat

the

hell outta you" attitude?

A loss would only pour more salt in the wounds that were opened when

Fran

left us high and dry. A win may only get our hopes up that we can

salvage

the rest of the season with a miracle performance by a team plagued with
injuries and no depth.

Seems kinda ironic that the University decided to not allow the playing

of

Rammer Jammer until the end of the game. The only band I've been hearing
after the game has been the opponent's band. And I for one am getting

sick

and tired of walking down that gerbil trail while the other team's fan
celebrate.

See ya tomorrow..

______________________________________________________ RollTideFan - The University of Alabama Athletics Discussion List