I'm thinking he went to the Great White North....:
VANCOUVER, Canada (AFP) - Vancouver is facing the worst outbreak of syphilis
per capita in the developed world, with city health officials fearful of a
looming epidemic of the sexually transmitted disease once thought almost
wiped out in North America.
Some 254 new cases have been diagnosed locally this year authorities said
early this week -- more than the total for North America in two decades,
with more expected, said Dr. Michael Rekart of the British Columbia Centre
for Disease Control.
"There's a lot of unsafe sex going on in Vancouver and the disease has
simply taken hold," Rekart said. "Our outbreak is primarily among sex trade
workers now, but we're worried about it jumping to the gay community and
beyond and creating a bigger epidemic," he said.