>From TiderInsider:

Mississippi State gave it their best shot this weekend, but that wasn't good enough.

Keith Brown, an outstanding 6-3, 180-pound wide receiver from Pensacola HS, visited
Starkville
this weekend. But following his return from MSU, Brown says that he committed to
Alabama
assistant coach Charlie Harbison.

"Yes, I committed to Alabama," Brown says. "Coach Harbison beeped in a few minutes
ago. I was
going to wait and sleep on my decision to make sure it was right. I was going to
announce
tomorrow, but Coach Harbison pushed for me to commit. I went ahead and committed to
Alabama."

Brown also made visits Southern Miss and Alabama.

"My visit to Alabama last weekend was really nice. The people were very impressive.
The highlight
of my visit was going to the stadium and getting to run out of the tunnel onto the
field. Alabama
let me put on a jersey with my number, 88, and that was a lot of fun.

"At the end of my visit, Coach Shula talked to me and my mom for a while. He told us a
lot about
his experiences at Alabama. He's a good guy. There are a lot of things I like about
Coach Shula."

Last week Florida State head coach Bobby Bowden visited Brown at Pensacola HS. During
the visit
Bowden tried to convince Brown to visit FSU next weekend. But Brown says, "I will not
be visiting
Florida State."

As a junior, Brown played at Gulfport-Harrison Central. This past season at Pensacola
HS he had
56 receptions for over 1,300 yards and 19 touchdowns.

"We tried and tried all season long to tell people that Keith Brown was a great
football player,"
Pensacola head coach Mike Bennett told TI in an interview last week. "Some people
listened and
some people didn't. Alabama listened."

"He's a great, great player. He's got 4.3 speed. He can do it all."

Brown is the Tide's 25th commitment. Chances appear favorable that he'll qualify
academically.

Drugs may lead nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route.