http://www.biblepath.com/questions/september21_03.html

Apart from the fact that God encourages His children (Christians) not to give up
meeting together as some are in the habit of doing (Hebrews 10:25), there are many
other reasons why a Christian should attend church.

First of all, the church is a great place to help us grow as a Christian.  Not only do
we learn more and more about God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and God the Holy
Spirit, but as we're involved in the ministries of the church (such as Bible study),
we come to learn more and more of what the Bible says about living a victorious
Christian life (a life which is most pleasing to God).

A Bible study class is also a great place to meet, and be actively involved with,
other Christians.  For some, it's also a place where they can serve the Lord and
others as a teacher or other worker.

Being involved in a local Christian church also gives us an avenue through which we
can serve God and others.  Remember, God encourages His children to use the Spiritual
gift, that all of His children receive from Him, through the Holy Spirit, serving
others, faithfully administering His grace in its various forms (1 Peter 4:10).  There
is a place, within the church, where everyone can get involved, if only, they will do
so

(1 Corinthians 12:12-31; Romans 12:4-8).

The worship service, within the church, is a great time where all of God's children
can come together in praise and worship of God. To miss the Sunday morning, or
evening, worship service is like starting the week off on the wrong foot, it's like
having a void in one's life throughout the week.

Being actively involved in a local Christian church also keeps us accountable for the
things we do in our lives.  When we separate ourselves from the church, we begin to
drift in our Christian life; we become more and more involved in the ways of the
world, rather, than, the ways of God.  Yes, it is true that church attendance does not
make one a Christian (faith in Christ Jesus as one's Lord and Savior does), however,
one who is a Christian will not live as good a Christian life, as they would have, had
they been actively involved in a local Christian church (a church which believes in,
and teaches, the Bible; a church which lifts up and preaches Christ Jesus).