From: "Howard Fore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "RollTideFan-The University of Alabama Athletics Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 2:54 PM
Subject: [RollTideFan] Convert or Legacy?

Count me Legacy! Born in Texas but raised in LA (lower Alabama) since
the age of six weeks. Everyone that grows up in Alabama has to make a
choice and of course the right choice is BAMA. My sister attended UA and
graduated. But the best time I remember about those years is the Sunday
Dinner at my parents house when Bear Bryant, Joe Namath  came for lunch.
That was a good time! The Bear asked me what I was interested in, He
sized me up not being of great height or size at age 9, when I answered
that I was in the band and working toward All  State. He replied in that
low grawl , finish up with high school and come on to Bama and play in
the Million Dollar Band, boy. Joe Namath had really bit hands cause I
was thrown around in the yard a little bit.

Finished high school applied to UA and audtioned for the Million Dollar
Band and was accepted by both BUT changed my mind due to career goals
(ever how misguided they were at the time) and went to UAB. At that time
it was still an adjuct facillity of UA and we had to take classes in
B'ham and Tuscaloosa. So as long as I can remember there is really only
one football team and UNIVERSITY- BAMA!

RTR H4