http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5/storyV5collegecamps13o.htm

Shula pleased with Tide workout
August 13, 2004

TUSCALOOSA -- In day three of fall camp, the University of Alabama football team
donned shoulder pads for the first time and second-year head coach Mike Shula was
pleased with the overall performance of his football team.

"This was our first day in (shoulder) pads and the third day overall and for the most
part things went pretty well," Shula said following the two-hour, 45-minute session.
"We talk to our guys about showing up a little more now that the (shoulder) pads are
on, and we did just that today. Overall, it was a pretty good day."

The first day in shoulder pads brought on more contact work for the Crimson Tide.
Shula noted the performances of freshman receivers DJ Hall and Ezekial Knight and
junior defensive end Mark Anderson.

The Crimson Tide will work again today at 2:45 p.m. and hold its first full pad
workout on Saturday at 2:45 p.m. The first day of two-a-days is set for Sunday and the
first scrimmage of the preseason is set for Monday afternoon at Bryant-Denny Stadium.