----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Mc." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "RollTideFan - University of Alabama Athletics Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [RollTideFan] Well That SUCKS!!

What do you expect, Pat? We live smack-dab-in-the-middle of the bible belt, were mostly hypocrites fill the pews each and every sunday.

Yep. Hypocrites, sinners, and sons of bitches and whores. Those are the people that Jesus hung out with. What better place can you think of to try and correct the inherent flaws that we humans have to struggle with than a church? I know....not all churches are good churches.

They
complain about having to read the "F" word on an email list but think nothing about watching their sexy shows on TV, renting their soft porn videos at the local rental store, attending r-rated movies, ignoring their fellow church attending brethren when they see them at the local liquor store, etc.

Personally, I don't drink. (anymore) I have a 10 yr old little girl and that forces me to watch "appropriate" movies with the family.

These are the people that drove me away from church
and organized religion all together.

That was your choice. Nobody's fault but your own. You just did not find the right church. When I 1st visited my church, I had hair half way down my back and a beard. Nobody gave me a second look, they just smiled and made me feel welcome. That was a shocker to me. I walked in and saw a coffee pot on a back table....90% of the congregation was in blue jeans....a few Biker's for Christ and a Deputy Sheriff in uniform were sitting on the same row. One guy wears shoes once in a while. The sign out front says "Come as you are"....and means it. Oh...and my pastor is a Bama fan as well.

Rick

I don't like holier than thou assholes any more than the next guy. Those people are everywhere. You either see the glass as half full, or you don't.
Joe

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who overcomes his enemies.
Aristotle, In Stobaeus, Florilegium
Greek critic, philosopher, physicist, & zoologist (384 BC - 322 BC)