From: Greg Mirsky <gregimir...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2024 10:56 AM
To: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsberg=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Cc: zhang.zh...@zte.com.cn; rtg-bfd@ietf.org; b...@ietf.org
Subject: [Bier] Re: Call for review for draft-ietf-bier-bfd

Hi Les,
thank you for your thoughtful questions and comments; much appreciated. The
authors discussed them and we propose updates that are reflected in the
attached copy of the working version and highlighted in the diff. Although the
BitString information is useful for a tail, it, for the purpose of reporting
defects to the head of the multicast tree, is optional. In fact, the identity
if the BFIR and its unique My Discriminator value are sufficient to correlate a
notification from the tail to the appropriate BitString set.
Your comments on the updates are most welcome.

Regards,
Greg

On Sun, Jul 7, 2024 at 10:15 PM Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)