Hi guys,

I thought I'd have a play with the newer rtl kernels based on 2.2
so I downloaded the file releaseDfull.tgz from the distribution
configured and built the kernel then setup lilo to give me the option
to boot it.

The kernel boots fine up to trying to start mount the file system then I see

(Usual boot up messages)
hda: 3090MB CHS=785/128/63
Partition check:
 hda: hda1 hda2 hda3 hda4
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount fs on 03:03

I still have my original redhat 5.2 kernel and my V1.2 RTL kernel which boot
fine.

I've hunted through my kernel config for anything obvious to no avail.

Any guesses as to what could be causing this?

Steve

----
http://www.rtlinux.org/~rtlinux/