call the kernel and utilities released by FSMLabs and previously
released by New Mexico Tech.  We have no current plans to change the
API other than to extend POSIX compatiblity and we
will not change the API in a way that will either damage
performance or backwards compatibility. Some attendees at the recent
Vienna conference have decided to embrace the Cygnus EL/IX API and
any modules supporting that API can be distributed with RTLinux and we
will be happy to make them available with our distribution if they are
implemented and appear reliable. At this point, however,
we have neither seen user demand nor technical reasons that make such
a change imperative at this point.

Victor Yodaiken

----
http://www.rtlinux.org/~rtlinux/