>Looking in arch/i386/mm/ioremap.c, it says that the functions prefixed
>with 'remap_area' are primarily for remapping a high PCI range to kernel
>space.  Where as the ioremap function are for remapping any high memory
>area to kernel space.

what's this high memory means?  Address > 0xA0000 ?
i was intend to use this share memory in users space.can i
pass the pointer getting from ioremap to user space by using
ioctl()?

>These functions are to be called once to cause linux to perform a
>remapping.

>The functions phys_to_virt and virt_to_phys are faster one line
>functions defined in include/asm-i386/page.h. and accessible in io.h,
>but they do not remap to kernel space so that a Linux program can access
>the the memory range.  They just convert one address per function call.

>Looking at the driver, drivers/net/wan/cycx_drv.c, shows an ISA device
>using ioremap.

i can't find it in my drivers/net/,  can you send a copy for me.

http://www.rtlinux.org/~rtlinux/

推荐!EaseBand( http://easeband.163.com )让你轻松上网。