hi people of the RTL world

I´m writing to you from Uruguay. Do you know Uruguay? Have you ever been
here?
This is my first experience in RTL, so i need some helps from you the
gurus
Please, be free to tell me whatever you feel, but you must know that
i´ve no experience at all. So be patients.
Besides, i apologize for my english. It´s bad, but I hope it´ll good
enough to make me understand.

Now, the problem ...

I´ve installed red hat 6.0 with kernel version 2.2.5-15
and gcc 2.91.66
i used rtlinux-2.2a-prepatch.tar.gz, and i didn´t patch the kernel, is
it rigtht?

I´ve just follow the instructions in the installation guide that appears
in the docs, and i encountered a problem in the last make, make zImage
The following lines are a copy of the message that appears in my
monitor.

---------------------------------
gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o
scripts/split-include scripts/split-include.c
In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
                 from scripts/split-include.c:26:
/usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [scripts/split-include] Error 1

Can you help?? I´m new in RTL and this is the first time i install the
RT kernel.
You can image that i´ve a poor experience in writing makefiles.

Is there any secure and rigth way of installing the kernel, without
having any problems? I mean, can you tell me to download the kernel
2.2.x.y.w.z of ftp.us.kernel.org and use file
rtlinux-2.2a-prepatch.tar.gz, for i.e. to not have to worry. Is it
possible ?

Thanks.

Gustavo