> At last the problem with memcpy is still here. There is no difference if I use
> my_memcpy or the kernel once. It reboots! imediatly. After some test (and
> changes which I don't remember) I got the following Oops message:
> Code C7 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 d8 65 dc 5b 5e 5f 89 ec 5d c3
> Aiee, killing interupt handler
> Scheduling in Interrupt
> Unable to handle kernel Null pointer ... at virtual adress 00000000
> Oops: 0002
>
> What does it mean, I want to copy mem and not to kill handlers ....

Could it be, that the amount of memory which I want to copy must be less than
PAGE_SIZE???? The structure has a size of about 512 kB!
The shared memory is allocated by mbuff, no problems. The local copy which I
try to fill with the contents of the shm structure is a static variable, like

void *thread_code(void *param)
{
  shm_slut_t slut;

  shm_slut->inuse = true;
   memcpy((void *)slut, (void *)shm_slut, sizeof(shm_slut_t));
  shm_slut->inuse = false;
}

kmalloc can only allocate about 131072 Bytes. I have heard about vmalloc()
inside kernel space - is this the solution to allocate an local memory region?

Thanks  Olaf