Hi people of the RTL world

I´m reading the time from the kernel by the gethrtime function in a
variable of type hrtime_t. I wanto to pass this value to a linux
aplication by means of a fifo. The rtf_put function requires a char *
buffer in its second argument.
I want to know if it´s possible to convert the hrtime_t variable to
ascii (char *) in the kernel in order to use rtf_put function?
In case that is not possible, how can I pass this value to the fifo.?
Is it possible or I should use shared memory or something else?

Thanks, Gustavo