Hello everybody,

This problem is not directly related to RTL but I was wondering if anybody
has had the same problem working on their embedded systems.

I have compiled the 2.2.14 kernel with the RTL 2.2 and it works happily on
my PIII. Running on our target embedded system (486DX4-100) ne.c
(NE2000-ISA driver) fails to correctly assign the ISA address of the
network interface through ifconfig. Running 2.2.12 on the same machine with
the same config does not fail. I originally thought that the problem may
have come from the RT extensions but have since run 2.2.14 without RT and
the same symptom comes up. 8390.c which is included in ne.c reports "Hw
address read/write mismap" whenever eth0 is used. /proc/ioports shows the
incorrect address of 0x340 instead of 0x360. conf.modules shows the correct
address of 0x360. I have checked that ne.c and 8390.c are the same for both
kernels and this is the case.

Has anybody else had trouble with this - or similar or isapnp problems with
2.2.14?

Can anybody point me in the right direction to find:
a) version update information for the kernels - change logs etc. I have
looked through Documentation under the source but to no avail.
b) who else to try?

Thanks in advance

Tim Bourke