dickleey wrote:

> hi,everybody!
> After I compile my Kernel with rtlinux-2.0,
> I found I lose my NIC,and in with common linux kernel 2.2.10,the card can be found.
>
> I wonder rtllinux-2.0 support NE2000 compatiable NIC?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but on RedHat 6.0 (and possibly
others), after a rebuild, network cards don't work if the driver is
modular.  My fix to this (and it's a hack) is to edit /sbin/ifup, find
the lines:

# is this device available? (this catches PCMCIA devices for us)
/sbin/ifconfig ${REALDEVICE} 2>&1 | grep -s "not found" > /dev/null
if [ "$?" = "0" ]; then

and change it to:
# hack to modprobe the ethxx device
/sbin/modprobe ${REALDEVICE}

# is this device available? (this catches PCMCIA devices for us)
/sbin/ifconfig ${REALDEVICE} 2>&1 | grep -s "not found" > /dev/null
if [ "$?" = "0" ]; then

Also, make sure that you have the appropriate entry in
/etc/conf.modules, for an ne2000 it should be (from memory)
alias eth0 ne

Regards, Stuart