Michael Barabanov wrote:

> Linux 2.3.xx kernels allow APM support to be built as a module.
> This feature solves the problem for at least RTL 3.0.
>
> Michael.
>
> David Schleef ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 04:37:35PM +0100, Stuart Hughes wrote:
> > > Hi Victor,
> > >
> > > Tried it on RTLinux 2.3/Linux 2.2.14.  Exactly the same effect.  If you
> > > cat /proc/apm, the jitter jumps out to ~ 7 miliseconds.
> > >
> > > Regards, Stuart.

I see that you also discovered the missing safe_halt() in acpi.c, while
that macro, defined in system.h, was used in apm.c.

Since you are likely in contact with plain linux "kernellers" that
count, can you tell them that to keep it simple the same macro must be
used wherever is needed, instead of repeating the inlining of the
related __asm__ __volatile__.

RTAI and RTL users must know that this is one of those cases in which
inlined hard "sti"s can do a lot of harm once the kernel is patched for
real time.
Just mate a __cli() to a __asm__ __volatile ("sti") and you are screwed
up.
So if you are using __cli(), for disabling interrupts in Linux, always
mate it with its brother __sti(). Never inline "sti".

Ciao, Paolo.