Hello,

I have an off-topic question that I think the people on
the list might be able to give me some hints or point
me to the right direction.

I have an interrupt service routine that interrupts
the operating system (currently Win 95) very often
(on the order of 2000 times per second). In addition,
there are other programs running that has file access,
fixed point and floating-point calculations, and memory
allocation and freeing that are happening when the
processor is not being interrupted.

The computer is not happy since it would reboot itself
from time to time. Could someone let me know when and
how a typical operating system (RT-Linux, Linux, and
Windows ) or BIOS decide to reboot the computer ?

Thanks for any information and thoughts,

Jyh-shing Chen