[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Hi Victor,
> >
> > Is there any way to make it do the following:
> >
> > lower priority tash runs:
> >     interrupt occurs and ISR wakes up higher priority task:
> >       ISR exits
> >           immediate rt schedule
> >               higher priority task runs
> >                   higher priority task ends
> >                       lower priority task resumes and completes
> >

> > What I'm after is the re-schedule is pended and set-up to run
> > immediately after the iret of the ISR.
>
> We were just discussing that and it is possible to do, but it has
> a disadvantage and is not strictly necessary.
> First, it's not needed because any ISR can safely cause the same effect
> simply by following the design
>            isr_entry:
>                    finish all hardware related activities
>
>                    pthread_wakeup_np(highprioritythread);
>                    return;
>
> This is highly efficient and I can't see any cases where it does not
> act like your scenario -- except it is faster.

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the reply, I agree that for most cases what you suggest would
be fine.  What I'm thinking about is down the line where it may be
possible to have a more traditional (from the point of view of things
like pSOS etc) model where the ISR runs in a priviledged state, and the
tasks/threads run in a user priviledge state.  I guess it's probably
best to worry about it then.

Regards, Stuart