hi all,
thanks Stuart,
may i add a few more bits to the original question please?

i'd like to know at what point in the frank_module.c code does the
transfer between the /dev/rtfx and RT_FIFO created by rtf_ceate(1,xxx)
take place? i mean which line of code would initiate this transfer of
data? i need to modify this example to do some random data acquisition
in real time so i need to know the process to move the acquired data
from the RT domain to the user space.

also is there a upper size restriction on the real time buffers?
regards, emeel.