Tue, 11 Jul 2000 Mukaila olundegun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to install  a pci module but I kept receiving device busy
>
> I do "cat /proc/pci" I found my pci card detected by the kernel (2.2.14
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is exactly the problem, I'd guess: The kernel has a compiled-in driver for
that card, and that driver has already grabbed the card's resources when your
system is booted up. Reconfigure and compile the kernel without that driver, or
compile it as a module.

David Olofson
 Programmer
 Reologica Instruments AB
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

|           A Free/Open Multimedia           | |     Audio Hacker     |
|      Plugin and Integration Standard       | |    Linux Advocate    |
`------------> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' | Open Source Advocate |
|  Rock Solid Low Latency Signal Processing  | |      Songwriter      |
`---> http://www.angelfire.com/or/audiality -' `-> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -'