Stuart Warren wrote:

> I've been trying out the rtl_sigaction feature of RTL3.0 pre6d.  It
> works nicely except for an occasional exception 14 occurring in the
> psc.o module.  I'd like to debug this but when I follow the instructions
> and use remote target /dev/rtf10, gdb does nothing (ie no prompt, as
> reported by Stuart Hughes in April).  So...
>
> o       What is exception 14?  (The comments in the
>         rtl_debug code help with other exceptions
>         but not 14).
> o       Has anyone had similar problems with psc.o?
> o       pre6e has a lot of changes to psc.c.  Are
>         any of these fixes or just new features
>         (is there a changelog?)
> o       Can anyone give me some pointers on getting
>         GDB to run (I _did_ follow the readme)?

Hi Stuart,

Exception 14 is a page fault.  Also note that I've found problems in
general with gdb-4.18 and gdbstubs with respect to offsets and file
positions not matching, switching to 4.16 fixed this for me (on
gdbstubs).  This may have a similar interaction with the RTL debugger,
as that too is based on gdbstubs.

Regards, Stuart