On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Gerald Przybylski, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> We are hoping to run linux on a pc-104 single board computer.
>
> Anyone willing to offer encouragement?
> Warnings?

Hi Gerald -

    I run linux/rtlinux on several payloads that fly on the Space
Shuttle and are manifested for the International Space Station.
There should be no special considerations as PC-104 is just a
form factor standard - it is just a small PC suitable for embedded
applications.

> Willing to suggest products?  brands??

I've had very good fortune with Ampro (www.ampro.com) CPU's, ethernet
modules and VGA controllers.  For Analog and Digital I/O cards Diamond
Systems (www.diamondsys.com) are very good; check the Diamond-MM-16,
the ONYX-MM-16 and the Diamond-MM-32 I/O cards.  For framegrabbers I
like the Ajeco ANDI-FG (www.ajeco.com).

By the way, I have an article due to appear in the September issue
of Linux Journal that overviews these payloads and associated
applications that may be of interest to you.

Hope this helps.  Feel free to contact me personally if you have
any questions.

Kevin
+  Dr. Kevin K. Gifford                                   +
+  http://rintintin.colorado.edu/~gifford                 +
+  Automation and Robotics Engineer                       +
+  BioServe - A NASA Center for Space Commercialization   +
+  University of Colorado                                 +
+  Engineering Center, Rm ECAE-1B08                       +
+  Boulder, CO 80309-0429                                 +
+  Office: 303-492-0299 Fax: 303-492-5514                 +