Dear Stephen, and all

>  Have you tried check_mem_region and request_mem_region?  They would
> seem to be the appropriate incantations here.

I'm not sure but I think this 2 functions are only available in V2.3. In
my case I use a
V2.2.

> Alternatively, if you know
> that you are the only one using the board you can just ignore the
> check/request mechanisms entirely.  I know that this is bad form, but I am a
> fan of expedience over form in such cases.

When I write to my memory LOOKUP, and read it immediately,
the read and the write are identical but  If I read it just after, it
seems
the whole memory is filled with the last value

The following source  is part of my program. I write a value
in memory pointed by ptr and write it at the address
LOOKUP+lookup.offset+i. Then I read again all the values
written.

  for (i=0;i<lookup.size;i++){
    *(u32 *)(LOOKUP+lookup.offset+i) = *ptr;
    printk("@%x %d %d\n",(u32 *)(LOOKUP+lookup.offset+i),*ptr++,*(u32
*)(LOOKUP+lookup.offset+i));
  }
  for (i=0;i<lookup.size;i++){
    printk("@%x %d \n",(u32 *)(LOOKUP+lookup.offset+i),*(u32
*)(LOOKUP+lookup.offset+i));
  }

the first loop "printk" at the console the correct result :
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f050 0 0
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f054 1379419973 1379419973
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f058 -1536127350 -1536127350
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f05c -156707377 -156707377
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f060 1222712596 1222712596
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f064 -1692834727 -1692834727
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f068 -313414754 -313414754
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f06c 1066005219 1066005219
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f070 -1849542104 -1849542104
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f074 -470122131 -470122131

but the second one is not correct :
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f050 -470122131
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f054 -470122131
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f058 -470122131
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f05c -470122131
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f060 -470122131
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f064 -470122131
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f068 -470122131
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f06c -470122131
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f070 -470122131
Aug 16 17:22:36 kernel: @c2b5f074 -470122131

What's hapening ????

thanks

Fred

|               Frederic CAZENAVE                          |
|    _/\_  /^=  McGill Radar                               |
| \_/    \//    Box 198, MacDonald College                 |
|   | /-\ |     Ste Anne de Bellevue                       |
|   ||   ||     Quebec, Canada   H9X 3V9                   |
|               Tel (514) 398 7733 fax (514) 398 7755      |
|               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       |
|               http://www.mpl.orstom.fr/hydrologie/catch/ |