Hello all:
        I have to justify my decission of using RTLinux instead of another
realtime operating system in my MSc project. Basically my reasons are
the known advantages of Linux:
        - Popularity
        - Free software (we spent a lot of money in hardware so I couldn't
sustain this very much if a censor points this out)
        - Free support
        - Open sources
        - Independence from companies
        "The RTLinux Manifesto" remarks the advantages of MERT's decoupling of
realtime part and non-realtime part. Is still RTLinux the only OS that
uses that approach? (apart from RTAI, of course).
        Could you help me with aditional reasons to support my decission?.
        I have seen WindowsNT 4.0 mentioned as a realtime operating system. Can
it really run hard realtime user tasks?.
        Thank you.
--
Ivan Martinez (Rodriguez)
Bch in Software Engineering - MSc student