Jan,

> I have a problem with an interrupt handler in RT Linux rtlinux30pre6c
> running on a 2.2.17pre13 machine.

        You did not say how you came to have rtlinux30pre6c running on this
version of the kernel.  Did you download a pre-patched kernel, or was this a
kernel you built yourself?

        The reason I ask is that the kernel patches are *very* specific to a
particular version.  Slight mismatches can produce some strange *mostly
working* behaviors such as what you are experiencing.

        My recommendation to you would be to download the current 3.0pre7
version and the appropriate kernel version (2.2.17pre16 or 2.4.0-test1) and
do the patch and build thing yourself.  Once you are running on the latest
version of RTLinux built on the correct kernel, your problems may fix
themselves.

        I copied this to the group as this problem is similar to one I had.
Simply following the directions solved everything (much to my glee).

Regards,

Steve