-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, August 31, 2000 9:38 PM
To:     Herman Bruyninckx
Cc:     Paolo Mantegazza; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [rtl] RTAI and RTLinux

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 05:18:35PM +0200, Herman Bruyninckx wrote:
> Another thing: if Victor is right about the fact that POSIX doesn't
> specify which signals can or should be used, then (i) we cannot blame
> him for using this option, (ii) the ``error'' lies with the POSIX

This is not an error -- it would be an error to fix a set of
signals that would be presumed to all that are needed in any
 systems. POSIX defines a core set of signals that must be implemented and
an API.  BTW the RT signals are merely defined by a range. The
implementation is required to provide MAX and MIN definitions but POSIX
at least does not presume to tell us how big this range must be.

But POSIX does require that the range is at least 8. How big is the range in RTLinux
and RTAI?
Chris