Hi
I found the following in the RTLinux news group and found it _different_ from my results
21 July 2000 daniel sheltraw wrote:

> Hello RTAIers
>
> Two questions:
>
> (1) Do RT interrupts always interrupt any RT task or is there some
>     dependence on the priority level set for the task?

Yes, unless the task disables them.
I have a similar question/problem to this.
I am using RTLinux V1. Network IRQ is registered through request_RTirq. The timestamps and tests show as if my tasks do not get preempted by the interrupt and the gap between its reception depends on the length of my tasks...

Interrupts are not disabled in tasks + tasks seem to run out of the scoop of the interrupt handler.

TEST1:
task length is 300 ticks
interrupt arrival: every 50 ticks
sched_const 120 tick