Thu, 28 Sep 2000 Nicolas FLORIAN wrote:
> >%_Hi,
>
> I'm developping an application on KDevelop1.2 .  The Code is
> multithreaded, and I'm trying to compile it as a module. The problem is
> that I don't know how to configure the compiler (options, librarys,
> ..).

I haven't used KDevelop much so far (but I'm investigating it right now; seems
like even the GUI editor might be useful soon, as Qt is going GPL :-), but as
to the options, I think you can find the required flags and libs in rtl.mk (or
whatever it's called now; check out the makefiles of the examples).

Copy to the appropriate fields in the Project->Options dialog, and make sure
that any libraries you use are *statically* linked with your modules - there's
no ld in kernel space! It seems to me that the project options are working the
way one would expect.

I'm not sure about linking into object files (modules), as opposed to
executables, though, but I intend to try it any day now. (It appears that
KDevelop has to understand the -c flag to do the right thing - but then again, I
think you can edit some parts of the autoconf input files if you need...)

David Olofson
 Programmer
 Reologica Instruments AB
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

|           A Free/Open Multimedia           | |     Audio Hacker     |
|      Plugin and Integration Standard       | |    Linux Advocate    |
`------------> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' | Open Source Advocate |
|  Rock Solid Low Latency Signal Processing  | |      Songwriter      |
`---> http://www.angelfire.com/or/audiality -' `-> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -'