I've modified Nicholas Mc Guire's excellent minirtl-2.3-i486 project so
that it can be loaded from a SSD (not necessarily supported by linux).
It's a good starting point for anyone wanting to embed rtlinux without
having to worry about SSD compatibility.

Could anyone interested in testing this please email me.  If all goes
well I'll post it somewhere towards the end of the week.

cheers,

Stuart W