Take a look at rtp (real time plotter).  It's on sourceforge and uses
Qt.
As Victor mentioned, also look at rtic - particularly rtic_scope which
is almost a seperate project.
Also look at gstripchart which comes with most distributions.

I'm currently modifying rtic_scope to make it independent of rtic, get
the menus working, add cursor support and have scrolling updates.

Take a look at the gui CANalyzer uses (www.vector-informatik.de).  It's
a windows-only app and a demo is available for download.  This is the
best "real-time" plotting software that I've seen.  It might give you
some ideas for your gui.

cheers,
stuart w