Hi, all.

I've made a small patch to schedulers/i386/rtl_time.c in rtlinux-3.0pre8
that allows use of the 8254's channel 1 instead of channel 2.
Use of channel 1 is selected by means of a module parameter.

This is useful to my project because I'm using a 486-class system
that does not need channel 1 for DRAM refresh (it's based on the AMD
Elan SC400).  This frees up channel 2 for the usual role of driving
the PC speaker.

If anyone is interested in the patch, I'll post it here.

- Jason Sodergren / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Dearborn Group /  248-488-2080 x306