Hi all,

I'm using rtlinux 2.0 in an industrial project since a long time,
without any problems.

(
See the rtlinux Homepage, Real world Applications, engraving machine ecograv
:-)

I have the following hardware equipement:

AMD 586 DX  133 MHz
32 MB RAM
Realtek PCI Ethernet on board
ELAN  SBC-411/E board
No Graphics

And the following problem:
I extended my programm with some floating point arithmetics.
Really very simple things, just four multiplications.

Most the time it works fine.
The runtime of my task is about 300 us.

Sometimes, the runtime increases to more than 500 us and that is too much
for my application because I must satisfy some timing conditions.

I did some debugging with an Oszilloscope connected to a port pin of
the printer port and I can see, that my floating point calculation takes
sometimes a longer time.

But the executed code is the same.
This problem occurs one or two times an hour or less :-(

1) Is it possible, that I can' t get access to the FPU unit from rt_process ?
I do a lot of floating point arithmetic in Linuxland.

2) Is it possible, that a PCI Network card can cause problems like this ?
I have a lot of traffic on the Network in Linuxland.

Thanx in advance,
Michael Kabot