Dingrong Yi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to post this again, as I did not get answer from the previous
> related question.
>
> Is RTAI compatible with RTLinux?

Yes and no.
I don't really want to abuse this list by going over old ground again.
Suffice to say, they're very similar but different. It all depends on which
'features' you want to use. RTAI has a compatibility header that allows you
to write code for either and then choose which underlying modules to use,
but it doesn't fully cover the latest RTL API.

> As I want to use the features of LXRT of
> RTAI, but my device driver was based on RTLinux. I wish a  user space
> process of LXRT could access (read or write) the FIFO  created by a
> RTLinux  thread or process.

Two options:
a)    port your RTL driver to RTAI (using rt_compat.h as described above)
and then move forward with LXRT
b)    Take a look at RTL's sigaction stuff. I haven't looked at this in any
great detail but it's supposed to give you what you want.

--
Lineo Inc. - (formerly Zentropix)

Tel: +44 (0)1273 234 647         Fax: +44 (0)1273 704 482

Visit http://www.zentropix.com/     for Real Time Linux Tools
Visit http://www.realtimelinux.org/ for Real Time Linux Information