Bernhard Kuhn wrote:

>> Could potentially fix most of the problems, but we may still be facing problems

> > caused by the fact that X is not a real time application.
>
> You are probably right. At least. IMHO, these kind of application
> don't need to be done in "Real Time". Here, "Quality of Service"
> is needed. The best solution for smooth 3D rendering
> is certainly the Linux resource kernel from Raj (maybe mixed
> with the low-latency patch), but Linux/RT doesn't
> seem to be open any more: Today, i tried downloading
> then new version 1.2.1, but the ftp-server is password
> proteced :-( You only can buy a CD for $49. Does anybody
> know more about this problem?

Don´t know if you mean this:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rajkumar/linux-rk.html#Download

There you don´t need a password nor to by a CD. There some notes pointed out that
this is a preliminary release which is not been released publicly yet becuase of
some missing implementations. But maybe this is a heavily outdated release.

Bye, Sven