Hello,

Actually, I am very new about using RT-Linux. As I remember, I got the
same problem when I used gcc coming with RedHat 7.0. The gcc in this egcs
package is only an experimental version. I got several of comments, but
those comments did not help much. Finally, I tried to change to RedHat 6.2
and there was no problem at all. I guess you are also using RedHat 7.0.
Another choice to try is to remove the egcs package and reinstall with the
one that works. However, you may face the problem of dependencies.

By the way, thanks a lot for comments about FIFO and rtl_printf() from
some folks here.

Yodyium,

 On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Jeffrey Krasky wrote:

> Hi,
> after weeks of work, I am finally in the process of installing RT-Linux v2.2.  I am
>following the steps from http://www.rtlinux.org/documents/installation_june_2000.html
>
> I get to step 3.4. Compile the kernel
> and I can run "make dep" and "make clean" just fine.  When I try to run "make
>bzImage" I get the following problem:
>
> gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o scripts/split-include
> scripts/split-include.c
> In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
>                      from scripts/split-include.c:26:
> /usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h : No such file or directory
> make: *** [scripts/split-include] Error1
>
> I am logged in as root, and I am in the directory
> /usr/src/rtlinux-2.2/linux
>

> Any ideas?  Help would be most appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Jeff

Yodyium Tipsuwan
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.
Home address:
2333 Champion,Ct.
Western Manor
Raleigh, NC, 27606  USA