Oops, Forgot to CC the rtlinux list. -----Original Message----- From: Jennings, Richard R Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 7:13 AM To: 'Mukaila olundegun' Subject: RE: Can not Install LILO on the MBR Hi Mukaila, Sorry to bring you the bad news, but you cannot boot from a RAID array. We have a six disk array and had to configure one OUT of the array to boot RH 6.2. The other method is use a boot floppy (quite slow) or another disk that will show up BEFORE the RAID array. We tried using another disk to boot from but we could not get disk to show up BEFORE the RAID controller. We have the Adaptec 2940UW and Megaraid RAID controller combination. If I'm wrong here, someone please correct me. I would be happy to be able to boot from our RAID array. Hope this helps. Regards, Rich ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Richard R. Jennings Embedded Software Engineer - The Boeing Company Flight Simulation Technology / Advanced Avionics Center - St. Louis Computational & Image Generation Group (314)234-0460 FAX (314)232-7972 [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----Original Message----- From: Mukaila olundegun [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 10:25 PM To: RTLinux mailing list Subject: Can not Install LILO on the MBR Hello Everyone, On my box I have the following spec. 2* 81GByte HDD (configured for RAID1 mirroring) 1 DVD (IDE) 1 CDROM 2*800MHzPENTIUM III CPU (Linux detect both and built linux.smp and linux-up) Motherboard RIOWORKS has onboard RAID controller but not used. Linux Distribution RedHart ver 6.2 Disk partition: Root(/) Boot(/boot) home(/home)..etc. All with Raid1 configuration except swap disk. My problem is I can not install LILO on the MBR. It turns gray and can not be selected during insation. When I restart I have only "LI" display and the system stops. My question is, is there a limit for the HDD (81GB) that is preventing the installation? Or have I missed something somewhere? I made a boot disk (floppy disk) which I am using currently. I have no problem with the boot disk nor the system itself. Any help will be appreciated Mukaila