> Hi,

> I have a similar question to the one quoted below.   The only problem is, I
crash the > kernel when I attempt to use the system() command to insert and
remove my kernel > module.

> This is the command I'm using...
> x = system("/sbin/insmod /usr/rtlinux/examples/adc2/int.o");
>
> I get a screenfull of info, which includes the following...

> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference @ virtual address 00000000....
> Kernel Panic
> in swapper task - not syncing

A normal insmod int.o is working ? On my experience crashing on insmod from a
user space program is due to a fault of the kernel module.

Regards
Olaf

PS: from the man page:

       Do not use system() from a program with suid or sgid priv­
       ileges,  because strange values for some environment vari­
       ables might be used to subvert system integrity.  Use  the
       exec(3)  family of functions instead, but not execlp(3) or
       execvp(3).  system() will not, in fact, work properly from
       programs  with suid or sgid privileges on systems on which