on 21.09.2000 someone wrote to the RTL-mailing-list (and got no response:-()

> Hello, using rtnet I encounter the following problem:
> After a certain time I get lots of the errormessage: kfree_rtskb() skb=NULL
> When reload the card driver and the rtnet module the error message
> disappears but shows up later again. I have changed the example rt_echo_client
> to send an packet every 10 ms to an echo server. I use a semaphore for flow
> control (so the next packet is sent only if the previous was sent back by the
> server). The packet size is 1472 (the largest possible on my system). In the
> echo_recv handler I have added an rt_recvmsg() to receive the sent back
> message. In spite of the error message the connent of the message sent back by
> the echo server is correct. The rt_echo_client runs on RTAI-1.4 on top of
> linux-2.2.16, the network card is an 3Com 3c900 Boomerang 10Mbps Combo PCI and
> the used driver is 3c59x_rt_old.
> The server runs on a normal linux-2.2.16 (so "half-RT network"). If the server
> is also realtime (same card, same driver), then the same errormessages might
> also appear on ther server side. Once the following message appeared there,
>too:

>        Too much work in interrupt state e081. Temporaily disabling functions
>        (7f7e)

> What do these error messages mean and is there a problem? Thank you for
> your help. Bye Joachim

I got exactly the same problem (our computer hangs up after a short while)
with:

 - RTLinux-2.3(kernel 2.2.14)
 - 3com 3c905  /proc/pci says:
        Bus  0, device   4, function  0:
        Ethernet controller: 3Com 3C905B 100bTX (rev 36).
        Medium devsel.  IRQ 10.  Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=10.Max Lat=10.
        I/O at 0xd800 [0xd801].
        Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xefffff80 [0xefffff80].

 - rtnet-0.9.0

We need to send packets each 2ms (is this possible with RTNET?).
Thank you for your help, but please shorten the MAILS of Viruses,
just cut every Attachement (inline should be enough)

ciauio uwe