> In a RTLinux-based program I've written, I load a real-time kernel module:
>
>     system("rtlinux start mymod.o");

insmod NAME.o only looks in ./ !

> In order to allow access to this program anywhere on the system, I put the
> calling program and the kernel module in a directory that's listed in my $PATH.
> However, I've discovered that the kernel module won't load unless I run the
> calling program in the directory that the kernel module is found.
>
> How can I have my real-time app accessible everywhere?

simply put them in the system wide modules location in
/lib/modules/KERNEL_VERSION/misc/ and run depmod -a as
root. Most setups also allow to use the default location
/lib/modules/misc for such modules - but then its naturally
up to you to make shure that the kernel version is corect.

basically insmod checks the /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.dep to find
where the module is located, that is if you do insmod MODULE_NAME without
the .o extension - if you use the .o extension then it will accept the
absolute path or take ./ by default.

hofrat

----- End of forwarded message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----
http://www.rtlinux.org/