Hi all,

Thank you all for your answers, actually I'm having some difficulties in
start using the RTLinux.
However, I still have some theoretical and practical doubts that I still
don't clearly understand, even after reading the documentation. I'll put
them in the following lines, hoping that with your experience, you can bring
some light.

* When I try to use functions not directly related to RTLinux, it doesn't
work and give me some errors. An example is the creation of UDP sockets (in
the socket function), or in the getprotobyname function, among others (and
they work if I omit references to rtlinux in Makefile). The errors happens
in the /usr/include/ files. What can I do to use these functions in my rt
modules?
Note: {
I'm using in my Makefiles the following lines (the same used in the
examples):
        include $(RTLinux)/rtl.mk               (in the beginning)
        include $(RTL_DIR)/Rules.make   (in the end)
}

* Other doubt I have is related to the overall rtl architecture, and have
also relation with the previous one. All the functions/instructions I call
within a rtl thread will be treated in a rt manner? For example, concerning
to the sockets, the rtl kernel will provide really a rt behaviour?
* On the other hand, I would like to define in the same module, rt threads
and non-rt threads. It is that possible? (take into account that the API
provided are normal pthreads ...)
Finally I have noticed that besides the notion of threads, there are also
tasks, anybody can explain me what is the difference and how can be used?

I'll thank very much some tips related to these questions.
Best Regards.

Carlos Parada.