> Hi,
>   I want to calculate the total execution time of a RTLinux application. Can any
>body suggest about any tool to calculate the execution time.

you could compile to assembler code and then add up the individual worst
case cycle times - but that will give you a much wors execution time than
you will ever see in reality. Also this will only work if the code is fairly
simple...

Alternatively you could run the tracer tool with your code marking the execution time
with the rtl_trace2(RTL_TRACE_USER,(long) some_value_of_intrest), which
would allow you to long term trace the system and find "worst" case timings that
should be fairly accurate.

hofrat

http://www.rtlinux.org/