On 2011-04-05 20:12, Renato Machado Monaro wrote:
> Dear Rtnet mailing list,
> I'm just started to use the rtnet. I intend to mount a small network. I did
> read the rtnet   supported network adapter list. I would like to know
> between all of them which  adapter is the best supported. I mean the most
> used and reliable.

I've no usage statistics, but I guess that people on x86 are mostly
using e1000, e100, or 8139too.

The latter two are 100 MBit adapters and may be increasingly tricky to
obtain. The e1000 of RTnet comes in two versions, an older stable one
and a newer experimental version. If buying hardware without knowing its
PCI ID in advance, you may be unlucky picking an unsupported version,
though.

And then there is a fairly up-to-date Intel IGB driver. That's currently
my reference platform, working well in a product. It's also working fine
with MSI-X here, avoiding IRQ conflicts this way.

Jan