Hi!

We made test application to reproduce provider hanging (tested on 1.7.1 and 2.1).

The situation is next:

1) We have database with default character set NONE

2) We connecting to database with character set UNICODE_FSS and storing our UNICODE_FSS data in NONE fields

3) _Sometimes_, when posting string length near max. NONE chars count provider hangs

4) Provider does not hangs when working via febedded.dll or specifying NONE char set.

To reproduce the bug:

1) Run attached application

2) Replace path to DB file (longvarchars.fdb in application folder)

3) Select correct path to file war1.xml (also in project folder)

4) Press "Run test"

You also can try to specify ServerType=1 or charset NONE in connection string to check that all fine in this cases.

I've uploaded test at http://vps110.dotnethost.at/LongVarChars2.rar

Ответить