----- Original Message -----

Hello,

I think there's no need for anything else than simple declaration of dependency
in Gemfile / gemspec. Which should be there in first place. Webrick is simply
stand-alone gem now, right?

> Quickly scrolling through the code of Sinatra and Jekyll it seems like
> WEBrick is used in tests as well, so it's a question if it will be just
> a matter of
> adding require (maybe Suggests?) to gemspec or if BuildRequires will
> need appending too.

Yes, there'll be more of fixing like that for Ruby, and gems upstreams (f.e.
`rexml` require). If you want to jump in on the train, here're some failed
pre-builds:
  https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/pvalena/rubygems-testing/builds/

Please create a PR to both gem upstream and Fedora package if you're able to
fix some issue.

> To answer your question, adjustments to packages might be needed and
> packaging WEBrick might be worth it, but better inspection is needed
> from maintainers of packages that package said software.
>
> Jarek
>

> [0]
> https://github.com/sinatra/sinatra/blob/a9649b4f18a9059de3161906c9c6e95ec06fdef9/lib/sinatra/base.rb#L1827
>

> On 16/12/2020 18:39, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Another snapshot is available in private-ruby-3.0 branch and the build
> > is running here:

FYI it's not synced with PR#70.

> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=57585626

I'll run COPR build in my COPR as well.

> > Most notable change is removal of WEBRick from Ruby. I am not
> > completely sure how much disruption this could cause in Fedora. I
> > wonder if it is worth of packaging it as a separate package. Thoughts?
> >
> > Vít
> >

> > P.S. @jaruga + @pvalena thx for handling the GCC11 issues.

Regards,
--