Dne 02. 01. 24 v 21:50 Pavel Valena napsal(a):
On Tue, Jan 2, 2024 at 9:07 PM Pavel Valena <pval...@redhat.com> wrote:

    On Tue, Jan 2, 2024 at 5:31 PM Vít Ondruch <vondr...@redhat.com>
    wrote:

        Dne 02. 01. 24 v 17:16 jpro...@redhat.com napsal(a):

        On 1/2/24 16:41, Vít Ondruch wrote:

        Dne 02. 01. 24 v 16:15 Pavel Valena napsal(a):

        On Tue, Jan 2, 2024 at 3:38 PM Vít Ondruch
        <vondr...@redhat.com> wrote:

            Hi everybody and happy new year,

            Being back from holidays, here is Ruby 3.3.0.

            https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=111186668

            As some of you have noticed, there are issues with
            expired certificates.
            I have asked backport here:

            https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/20106

            Other than that, there does not seem to be anything
            surprising.

            As I have already mentioned elsewhere, I have reset the
            release back to
            1. I have not tested the updates yet, so I'm going to
            give it a try. If
            that looks OK, I'll ask the side tag and we can move
            forward with the
            mass rebuild. I'll keep you informed.

            And as always, any feedback is appreciated.

        Hello, thanks!

        Already building it; for testing with `-1`. But so far I
        have failure on aarch; FAIL 103/1871 tests failed

        FAIL 103/1871 tests failed:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/pvalena/ruby-testing/build/6848059/

        Seems like fibers and Ractors... will retry. Others have
        succeeded!

        My build succeeded everywhere. Nevertheless, there were some
        reports about issues with fibers (e.g.
        https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/20085). So we should
        probably observe and if needed, apply some patch.

        I did a build from my EL9 specific specfile here:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jackorp/ruby-builds/build/6848355/

        It failed with a bunch of segfaults as well, it seems the
        issue is reproducible on copr infra. The number of failed
        tests is the same as with Pavel's build (103/1871)

        Actually, the hw_info differs for copr and koji. Koji is
        missing `paca pacg` (I guess those are related to the
        mentioned `ASFLAGS=-mbranch-protection=pac-ret`), though ssbs
        is present on both.

        My copr build hw_info.log.gz:

https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/jackorp/ruby-builds/fedora-rawhide-aarch64/06848355-ruby/hw_info.log.gz
        Passed koji build hw_info.log.gz:

https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/6817/111186817/hw_info.log

        Also despite both of the infra are reporting the same Vendor
        ID and Model Name, there are visually half the CPU flags
        missing on Koji compared to copr.

        Hoping that somebody is going to try the patch on my behalf
        (unless I hit the issue myself ;) )

    My second build hit 101 issues, similarly to the previous one.

Hm, I have just done the official build in Koji and again without issues and I have never hit this even doing test in Copr, strange. I am still on hold with the patch.

    Running with the patch from issue 20085:
    https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/build/6850032

    So far so good. Commit:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/pvalena/rpms/ruby/c/7f32705242dd2b55e72d3e9e5eed0934e38ad043?branch=stream-3.3

    Btw. WRT rails, I'm removing byebug from `rubyonrails` comps:
    https://pagure.io/fedora-comps/pull-request/925 (orphaned 6+ weeks)

Good idea!

With byebug resurrected in my COPR; my rails test works fine with Ruby 3.3:

Not sure I understand the "resurrected". Do we need byebug or not?

Vít

Log: https://gist.github.com/pvalena/47299184b16a3f81b6c954dca65dcc9f

Pavel