On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Erik Hollensbe <e...@hollensbe.org> wrote:

> Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you regarding the concerns; I just think that
> communicating the plan is just as important as carrying out. That might mean
> a later point of removed 1.8.7 support to give people enough time to react
> appropriately.
>
> I guess what I'm envisioning is a bunch of big changes to rubygems and a
> large portion of the user base not being able to work with the changes (be
> they to gem/spec formats, etc) because they're on a previously well-supported
> version of ruby. Communicating "we're doing this in 2.1" for example gives
> plenty of time for the invested users to say, "ok, we really need to get off
> 1.8.7 now".

Hehe, is funny, because no matter what we do, people will complain
(proof: deprecation warnings since 2008, nobody paid attention to
them, world was on fire for months, several times)

I was just expressing my thoughts in relation to code maintenance, not
saying we should do it right now.

I still support RubyInstaller releases of Ruby 1.8.7 and will keep
doing until it gets officially dead or I die, whatever happens first
:-)
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17