> Is this increased memory requirement to be expected?
>
> I would be happy to give you more details about my setup if you think
> it may have an impact on why the memory usage is so high in my case.

I've had a sneaking suspicion about this for awhile.  Even Beast, my
500 LOC forum starts off with about 40MB.

First I compared Beast on edge vs Beast on rev 4818 (edge rails at the
time of its first release).  They both started at about 22MB, but
Beast on edge jumped to about 37MB after making a single request to 4
controllers.  I then incremented the revision number until I started
seeing the same memory increases and found it started after changeset
5223, the one that introduced ActiveSupport::Multibyte.  Anyone else
seeing similar results?

--
Rick Olson
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net