Hey Pete,

Looks like a good patch, but I think they're already discussing the
issue here:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/7309

It certainly seems to cover some of the same ground (must admit I
haven't looked into it in too much detail). Maybe check that ticket
out and see if there's anything to add to it from your patch?

Cheers,
Chris